Bad Cat Chris and family want to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous 2020. Welcome to the new Roaring Twenties.
2017 is gone but not forgotten. Many are happy to see it go but we have some good memories.
Floki was with us for six months in January and felt right at home getting on top of our china cabinet.
In April we had someone marking their territory on our cars.
In May we had a visit from a tabby mother and her two Siamese kittens.
They were still around in June.
Also in June, Puck was back at the vet.
In July we got our Jackson Galaxy bed that Chris and Floki love . . .
and a water fountain that nobody used.
We got Kitty-Kick-Stix in August.
September we evacuated for Hurricane Irma . . . twice.
It also got cold in December and everyone decided to conserve body heat.
Some states for 2017 include:
Most viewed post – Are Ginger Cats Friendlier
This post was from 2013 and is still popular with 2907 views last year.
Views in order of country of origin:
United States, United Kingdom, France, Canada, Austrailia, Switzerland, India and The Philippines round off the top eight.
Most views in one day: 731
My wife is irritated that I am not helping to prepare for New Year’s Eve so I will end here and wish everyone a very happy 2018.
I read that WordPress is not going to do the traditional Annual Report this year so I guess I will have to improvise and do my own review.
I thought I would first post some of the best photos from the Bad Cat Chris blog starting in January.
It was nice to see Chris and Frankie getting along
Chris is our resident lap cat.
After seven years, Chris is still a biter.
Even with the addition of our kitten, Floki, I still think Frankie is our most photogenic cat.
Puck is not too happy at the vet.
One of Frankie’s many escapes in 2016. He knows I can’t catch him under vehicles.
Frankie may be photogenic but Chris knows how to be cute.
This is a rare group shot of all of our cats (at the time).
Sometimes you have to stop and smell the flowers.
On July 4th we adopted our kitten, Floki.
Floki has to get his shots at the vet and he is a bit nervous.
Chris has no problem letting me know that I am starving him.
Floki and Frankie being cute.
Floki came to our house with an eye issue and soon everyone had it.
Pucks favorite spot.
Frankie the stunt cat shows off his skills.
Chris is not content with dominating just Puck.
After a “good” period, Chris shows he can still be “bad.”
Floki challenges Frankie for most photogenic.
Floki challenges Frankie for stunt cat of the house.
Here are some stats for 2016
- Our most popular post, by far, was “Are Ginger cats Friendlier.” This is amazing since I published it in 2013.
- The second most popular post is also an old one from 2014 called “Feral Cat Ear Notching.”
- The most popular post from this year was “Meet Floki, Our Newest Addition.”
- I posted 183 times in 2016, including this one.
- The most prolific commenter to the blog was Summer from Sparkle Cat, followed closely by The Island Cats, Easy Weimaraner, Ellen from 15 and Meowing, Angel Sammy from One Spoiled Cat and Genevieve from Cupcake Speaks.
- Readers come from just about every country on earth. The top country for readers is The United States followed by United Kingdom, France, Canada, Australia, Finland, Switzerland, India, South Africa and New Zealand.
That is about it for this year. I hope you have enjoyed reading about Bad Cat Chris, Puck, Frankie and Floki. I wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year and a prosperous 2017. I hope to continue to see you then. Also, if you missed it, check out my new photo blog at charleshuss.wordpress.com.
I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year’s Eve celebration. Here is a link to my 2015 WordPress Annual Report. It was a fun year and I look forward to 2016.