When I took Frankie for a walk on Saturday (after he smelled my tires thoroughly) he walked right past the neighbor cats who were watching him from the window. Frankie pretended not to notice and walked on by.
On the way back I had to carry him because he rarely comes back on his own. As we passed the neighbor’s house, I could see one of the cats looking out the window near the door. The other cat was further away looking out a different window. I put Frankie down on the sidewalk in front of their house just to see what he would do. As expected, he walked right up to the nearest kitty to say hello.
I thought Frankie was a gentlecat but the female cat inside was not buying his pickup line and he was greeted with a lot of hissing. Fearing the neighbor lady would hear that and think (or know) I was contributing to this invasion of privacy, I quickly picked up Frankie and brought him home. That was close.
My sister-in-law is at it again. She has been busy saving the lives of more kittens and still has one gold kitten that will need a home soon. Rose has been hinting that she wants to adopt him but emotional decisions do not always end well. Let’s consider the pros and cons, starting with the cons:
- We are already over our two cat limit.
- Raising cats the healthy way is expensive.
- We already have three boys. Perhaps a girl is needed.
- Our dream of traveling after retirement could be more difficult.
- We would be dangerously close to entering the Crazy Cat Lady/Man Zone.
Now for the pros:
- Chris is a very touchy-feely cat. He might like having someone else to nap with.
- Cats can tolerate a new kitten better than a new adult cat.
- A new kitten might motivate me to start making my own cat food.
- We would be helping a kitten in need.
- Retirement is still more than 10 years away, 20 if they keep raising the retirement age.
- Kittens are super cute.
I do not yet have a picture of the kitten but I snagged this picture off of Pixabay. It is what I imagine he looks like.
Photo by Rudy and Peter Skitterians, Skitterphoto on Pixabay.
So what do you think? Any suggestions?
On another note, I actually won the Tuesday Teaser on One Spoiled Cat and get to display this badge.
I had a long streak of missing the Teaser but catching the Tell-All the next day.