It’s hard to believe that six years have passed already since I started this blog. Technically, I signed up with WordPress on June 1 but my first post, Introduction, was June 3, 2012. They say time flies when you are having fun and I guess that is true. The best part is all the nice people I have “met.” I haven’t met anyone in person, yet, but hopefully, I will get that chance.
Here are some stats on the blog that you may find interesting:
- This is my 840th post. That averages to less than three posts a week. Yes, I could do better, but I have a job and other responsibilities and interests that keep this blog closer to a hobby.
- It is difficult to get stats for the past 12 months but my most viewed post so far this year is Feral Cat Ear Notching. It was published in 2014 and knocked Are Ginger Cats Friendlier off its throne. That post was published in 2013. The most popular posts published in the last 12 months are Rest in Peace Sweet Puck followed by Remembering Puck. These were posts I could have done without.
- Puck was the only cat to live his entire adoptive life during the span of this blog. He passed away in February on the anniversary of my Dad’s passing.
- My readers come from many countries. The top ten during the last 12 months are United States, United Kingdom, France, Canada, Australia, Philippines, India, Switzerland, Singapore, and Germany.
- I average 188 words per post, far fewer than the 500 that is recommended but I like photography so many of my posts, especially Photo Friday, are photos with just a few words. WordPress does not know that a photo is worth a thousand words.
- The most popular day is Friday and the most popular time is 5:00 p.m. That is Eastern Standard Time.
- The stats on commenters is vague so I won’t post them here but I appreciate everyone who posts comments and I apologize if my schedule makes it hard to post as many comments in return, but I try.
On a separate note, Chris turned nine around the middle of May and I forgot to post about it. I established his birthday to be six months before his gotcha day, which would put it on May 14, but I don’t know exactly when it is.
Thank you all for reading and I look forward many more years with you.