Our Prize Arrived

A few weeks ago The Island Cats’ blog had a review and giveaway of some Petmate products designed by Jackson Galaxy, the star of the Animal Planet show, “My Cat From Hell.”

To my surprise, we were lucky enough to win. I got to choose between the “Comfy Clamshell Bed” and “The Vault Marinator,” which is used to freshen up catnip toys. I thought the clamshell bed would be a great addition to our house so I chose that.

It was waiting at the door when I got home from work the other day The box was way bigger than expected, which was fine because . . . well, we have cats.

cats and box

cats and box

cats and box

Once I opened the box and took out the clamshell bed, the cats were torn between investigating the bed and the empty box.

The bed seems to be of a high quality and the fabric is very soft. Chris especially likes it, as you can see from the video.

open clamshell bedA pull of the strings easily turns it into a clamshell.closed clamshell bed

The bad thing about that is there is only room for one.
cat and clamshell bed

That means someone has to wait, whether they want to not.cats and clamshell bed

Floki and Chris were the most interested but Chris was the first to use it for what it was meant for, to lie in. Of course, he had to make some biscuits before doing that.

Floki was more interested in the strings.

I didn’t know this at the time but there is a pocket to put the strings to keep them from becoming toys, possibly dangerous toys.

I ended up putting the bed in its open position on our coffee table. Frankie, Floki and Puck mostly ignore it but Chris loves it. I see him on it often. He is on it as I write this.

cat on clamshell bed

Meanwhile, in the cats’ room . . .

cat and box

30 thoughts on “Our Prize Arrived

Cool bed! Looks like it’s nice and soft and maybe open is the best……the cats can stretch out that way…..but it does look COZY! Not only that, but the box is super.

Hugs, Teddy

2. Genevieve Petrillo

Great bed! It works both ways! I love how excited the kitties were as soon as there was a box in the house. And of course, Chris was the first to walk up and start making biscuits to try it out. So fun and adorable.

We’s glad to see that the bed arrived and the cats are enjoying it! We too leave it in an open position so more than one cat can enjoy it. And the box?? It’s an additional prize!!

Opps, I hit send too soon and it’s too hard to edit on my phone. I wanted to say we had it since Wednesday but I was busy and had to edit videos and photos in small chunks of of time.

4. caren gittleman

Cody has the bed (which we will be reviewing and giving away soon! As well as the marinator!!) He is also giving away something else from Jackson Galaxy’s collection this Friday!

5. Carole

That bed looks great. It was lovely to see Chris enjoying it so much. Loved seeing the cats in and out of that box. Mine would have been doing exactly the same 🙂

6. Dennis

You see that Christ likes it… I wonder how this behaviour is called in English? I know the German word for it. We say “trippeln” in German when a cat feels good and uses the paws to knead the ground 🙂 Do you have an English word for the “kneading” behaviour?